June 12, 2011

Paniculata Hydrangeas - Pinky Winky, Quick Fire, and Limelight

I am super excited about the Paniculata Hydrangeas I bought last week. I have been thinking about planting some privacy shrubs around my yard but I couldn't decide what to buy until I saw these beauties.


This is one of two Pinky Winky Hydrangeas that I bought. This hardy hydrangea can grow upwards of 8 feet tall. The first blooms are white and eventually turn pink for a two toned look. It blooms from mid-summer into the fall.

Pinky Winky photo taken May 2011





I also bought two Quick Fire Hydrangeas. These hydrangeas will bloom a month earlier than other varieties of paniculata hydrangeas. This hydrangea will initially bloom white and then turn to a deep pink as time passes. I planted one between two Limelight hydrangeas in my backyard because I think the colors will look fabulous together.

Quick Fire picture taken June 2011




Last but not least are my two Limelight Hydrangeas. I planted one on each side of my new Quick Fire Hydrangea to complete the privacy screen in my backyard. The hydrangeas are small right now, only about 2 feet each, but they will grow upwards of 8 feet in the next couple of years. The blooms on these gorgeous plants will be somewhere between a creamy white to a soft green color.
I'll be putting down some mulch around the shrubs and will post pictures soon.  

Limelight hydrangea picture taken in June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment